So, you’ve heard all the buzz, ‘liked’ all of the engaging conversations and status updates on Facebook and kicked around the idea of slipping on your winter boots and joining in the conversation about exploring the EDGE with us…BUT you still haven’t bought the ticket to hop on the train. Let’s just go ahead and fix this silly situation by giving you five good reasons you don’t want to be left out of this day of inspiration and community conversation.
- Sunday football really is overrated. Don’t spend another Sunday watching brain cells splatter around the gridiron when you could be sprouting new neurons while participating in some of the most heart-wrenching, soul searching stories you’ve ever heard. Seriously, turn on your Tivo. This is better than any Lifetime movie you’ve ever witnessed!
- You always fantasized that you were in fact a Jedi, fighting the forces of evil and keeping peace in the Galaxy for generations to come. Now you can! For serious!
- You’ll still get to shake yer booty Asheville style to long-time local musical geniuses of Toubab Krewe as well as local GRAMMY-nominated fiddle virtuoso Casey Driessen and master African drummer Adama Dembele. Honestly, did you know a GRAMMY nominated rockstar lived in Asheville?
- Jeffrey Kluger is taking a weekend vacation from TIME magazine to talk to Asheville about space travel being the next step in human destiny! Come on now! You would miss the King of Other-Worldly Exploration to sit on your couch, eat Fritos and watch re-runs of Family Guy?
- Have you ever seen a native grizzly bear juggle peanut butter and jelly biscuits while standing on a soccer ball? Well you won’t at TEDxAsheville either– but we promise you won’t leave anything other than amazed and possibly ready to go out and learn how to do that on your own!